Office of the Hon Tanya Plibersek MP, Federal Member for Sydney
Full time, Sydney-based position.
Expressions of interest (EOI) are invited from experienced Labor activists and community campaigners who are committed to working for the Federal electorate of Sydney.
We are a small political office that works hard to respond promptly and effectively to constituent and community issues in the electorate.
The successful applicant will support Labor values and a progressive policy agenda for a fairer Australia.
You will also have:
- a positive outlook and ability to work collaboratively in a small team;
- excellent communication and advocacy skills;
- experience in community campaigning and building local connections;
- technical skills in design and layout of newsletters and related electorate and campaign communications;
- strategies to continuously build our reach within the electorate;
- willingness to contribute to the wide range of tasks and responsibilities within the office because you care about getting the very best outcomes.
How to apply
EOIs of no more than one page with an attached one page resume should be emailed before Wednesday 11 January to firstname.lastname@example.org
There is no specific format for EOIs – you should decide what it is you want to tell us about yourself.
We value your interest in working in our office, and appreciate the time taken to prepare an EOI.
We are expecting strong interest in the position, so only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. We will not be contacting unsuccessful applicants. If you have not been contacted by 20 January you have not been shortlisted.
Information about the terms and conditions of employment of electorate staff is available at http://maps.finance.gov.au/