THE HON TANYA PLIBERSEK MP
DEPUTY LEADER OF THE OPPOSITION
SHADOW MINISTER FOR EDUCATION
SHADOW MINISTER FOR WOMEN
MEMBER FOR SYDNEY
SENATOR JENNY MCALLISTER
DUTY SENATOR FOR BENNELONG
MALCOLM TURNBULL CUTS FUNDING FOR SCHOOLS IN BENNELONG
Speaking in the Parliament today, Liberal MP John Alexander was caught out trying to hide the cuts Malcolm Turnbull has made to schools in Bennelong.
Official data from the NSW Government shows schools mentioned by Mr Alexander will lose funding because of Malcolm Turnbull’s cuts.
Over the next two years alone:
- Carlingford High gets a $750,000 cut.
- Epping Boys High gets a $698,000 cut.
- Truscott Street Public School gets a $223,000 cut.
- Ermington Public School gets a $324,000 cut.
- Ermington West Public School gets a $145,000 cut.
- Melrose Park Public School gets a $125,000 cut.
Mr Turnbull is using school funding numbers that have been deliberately designed to disguise his cuts.
Even the Liberal state government in NSW has warned principals the school funding figures Malcolm Turnbull is publishing cannot be trusted.
Parents, teachers, and schools deserve the truth.
Malcolm Turnbull is cutting $22 billion from schools to pay for his $65 billion big business tax cut.
What kind of Prime Minister rips money off schoolkids to give it to multinationals?
You can’t trust the Liberals on schools.